4.05.2014

Fresh perspectives






Looking at my blog today, it seems ironic that it is titled "Urban Anthropology," since I am no longer a city-dweller and hardly ever post about what I'm wearing.  This contradiction between "Title" and "Content" has prompted me to make some changes.

Molly has inspired me with the changes she made to her blog before her daughter was born.  It seems that the idea of a "lifestyle blog"has less pressure for specifics, and more space for things that are inspiring her in the immediate present.  This is the type of blog I hope to re-create from this place I already have.

The personality of a blogger is another concept that is hard for me to understand.  Are we people who like to be on a stage?  Do we desperately need to be related to?  Or are we just sharing our journey honestly with those who care to read?  I hope that for me and for all of you bloggers out there.. it is the third reason that we continue writing and posting about our personal lives.

In the spirit of this change, my blog name will be changing.  I can't decide what it will be quite yet.  I like Blossoming Moments, but the initials for that are BM which make me think of Bowel Movements.  So back to the drawing board.

I hope to hear from you all again, and to connect on an even deeper level with so many of you who are living honest and open blogging lives in other parts of the world and country.  Thanks for sharing in this space with me!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I did the exact same thing when we found out we were expecting. Really because my blog became a (and currently still is) way for me to track and share with others how my pregnancy is going. I try to have a post every now and then about just life, but pregnancy IS my life right now sooo ;) I cracked up at your BM comment haha can't wait to see what changes you make to this lovely little space!

    Xoxo
    Foxandanchorblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true. Pregnancy is all I think about. And I guess somehow that makes fashion and anything else seem irrelevant. :)

      Delete
  2. my initials are BS. so I get the BM conundrum :) good luck redefining this space !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha!! I bet that has been fun your whole life ;) and thank you!

      Delete