4.09.2013

pray about the little things.




I remember marriage counseling.
Every Thursday night at what, 8? 9?  How they fit us in I will never understand, and will be forever grateful for.

One night they gave us a piece of advice that has played a big role in our marriage.

"Pray about the little things.  Even the color car you want, what kind of car, how many miles you want on it, everything."

The meaning behind this madness?
When these prayers are answered, God doesn't just get the glory for the big life altering events, he gets glory for everything.  For every moment, for every decision, for everything circumstance.  God gets it!  Isn't that great?


In church this last weekend, both Matt and I were completely overwhelmed during worship.  At the beginning of the year, we knew it was going to be a season of transitions.  Out of college, out of grad school, new city (for the first time since 3rd grade... no big deal), new church, new friends, new jobs... transitions were written all over 2013 in fat red sharpie.

There aren't even any words for how faithful God has been in our transitions.
From getting the internship I applied for to having someone wanting to put an offer on our house (one week after we put it up for sale by owner? sure..) to my dad getting a job that moves him out the same day we would move out (this doesn't happen) to being at our church at a time when the way we were called to serve was exactly what they needed for the last 2 years.

How does He do it?

In church I sat wondering, how can I give God glory for this?  How can I make the world know it is Him, not me?  How can I honor Him?
I guess one of those answers was to write about it.  To tell you all: God is so good and so faithful.  He hears your prayers, and is so worthy of glory for answering them.


Isn't life sweet?

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Love this post! And it is so true. I find myself praying about the little things every morning. "Dear God, please don't let me miss my bus today". Thanks for the reminder though, because I've been searching Craigslist to find a refrigerator, oven, and dishwasher for our house we're moving into in June, and I haven't even remembered to pray about it! And for a smooth transition in general. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good :) Thank you for reminding me to pray over the little things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I have ventured over from another blog where I saw your button. Thrilled to be connecting with someone new!

    XOXO, Mandi @ All My Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete