10.08.2012

To my mom.

Today marks a special day on my family's calendar.  Really, all last week was special because we believe in birthday seasons.  So mom, even though my day is full of classes and work and I might not even catch a glimpse of you, you are so loved by so many people, including your one and only daughter. :)

Remember that one time it was just you and me living together for my entire senior year of high school?  We got to share the garage - just the two of us.  That was a special time.

You know how you always made me special gluten and dairy free food whenever I visited?  I really appreciated that more than you know.  Lucky for you, gluten and dairy free is a must now so it's no extra effort!

Remember all that money you spent on buying me new school clothes?  That was pretty nice of you.

One day in particular stands out.... the day I walked upstairs and outside to a brand new bright yellow car.  One of the best surprises ever (pass a huge thanks along to Rob, too).

From 3rd grade to 11th grade, you raised me by yourself.  I can't imagine how hard it was.  From a kid's perspective, you were perfect.  I loved every minute of being your kiddo.

Sometimes it was my week to do the chore of dish unloading.  We all know this never happened.  Matt now knows this still rarely ever happens.  Thanks for putting up with my stubbornness. :)

You give me wisdom without being controlling.  You love me from a distance when I need independence, and love me closely when I need you more than anyone.  You are such an inspiration in all you do.  I love you today and all other days, always.



 I hope you have a wonderful day filled with people you love and things that make you smile.
Happy, happy, happy birthday!










I love you mamma.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. You look so much like your mom, it's crazy! You are both beautiful ladies. I hope she has a very happy birthday.

    Kelsey
    A Little Bird Told Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. Yay for great mothers (especially ones who raised us alone)!

    And I agree, you look so much like your mother!

    chalayn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks Natalie, and Natalie's readers! Indeed it was a lovely day. Love you, peanut. Mom

    ReplyDelete