These are one of my favorite "desserts", if you can even call them that.
3/4 cups pitted dates
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
tiny pinch of salt (1/16th tsp)
2 T cocoa powder
2 T shredded coconut
1/3 cup toasted pecans
optional: chocolate chips
I used 1tsp coconut oil as well to help the balls hold together. You can use more or none.
1) Dump all ingredients into a food processor.
2) Roll into small balls
- Toasting of the pecans is optional - if you choose to do it, just put them in a sauce pan and spread them out evenly. Turn stove on to medium heat, and just play it by ear. You'll know when they're toasty
3) For chocolate on top (also optional - see pictures), dump 1/2 cup chocolate chips into a pan and turn stove on to medium-low heat. Stir occasionally with spatchula.
4) Use spatchula to scoop up melted chocolate and drop blobs on date balls
5) Set balls on WAX PAPER when you're done, otherwise they will get stuck to your plate!
6) Refrigerate for several hours before munching.