4.06.2012

The nerdy side of me would just like to say.....

Hey guyth.  I'm Natalie. (Pushes up glasses that have slid down nose.)  I'm in statithticth clath.  
(In case you need lisp-translation help, that last sentence is "statistics class".  Yep.)


Even though the weather was gloomy when I woke up, I decided to go all bright colors.  If it ain't spring outside, it's surely spring inside my heart!!






[shoes: target // pants & glasses: F21 // tshirt: Corvallis Younglife // sweater: j.crew]

Yesterday morning I got to meet with my good friend Noel.  I still think the story of how we met is like a fairy tale that is only supposed to happens for princes and princesses, but that's another story for another day.  This girl is beautiful from the deepest insides to the outermost outsides - she is a wonderful woman of God whom I have not spent nearly enough time with over the years.  

I was reminded yesterday morning of how important girl time is, and how much I have a void right now where girl coffee-shop bible studies used to flourish.  Even in the short 40 minutes I spent with her, I felt so refreshed.  It is so easy to forget that God has created us for community - He has created us to be in fellowship with one another.  I mean, the Lord's Prayer even says "OUR Father", implying community!

Noel is getting married in July.  I couldn't be more thrilled for her.  After walking down the preparing-for-marriage track myself, it is so exciting and wonderful to see close friends approaching the most special day of their lives (to be followed by even more special days, one at a time).  In short, she is awesome, and I am SO excited for her!!!!
Love you Noel, thanks for the talking.  And the bread (Great Harvest gluten free - again, the best bread on the face of the earth!!!!!)

~


Next on my order of business here is MY DAD'S BIRTHDAY!!!!  Happy birthday to my wonderful Dad.  You are a great, ambitious man whom I love very deeply.

[probably one of my all time favorite activities]
Love you Dad.  You're the best.


~


Lastly, today is Good Friday.
It's one of those "holidays" that sometimes gets looked over, even by the church go-ers.  But ever since my very first Good Friday service when I was in middle school, this day has meant the world to me.

I can't even express how much emotion it brings about.  Every Good Friday forces me to reflect on my Savior's death for like an hour straight, and the result is timeless - tears.  Every time I am reminded of the death Jesus went through, I am humbled for basically the remainder of the year.

The first Good Friday service I remember was at my old church here in Salem - First Presbyterian.  It was dark and somber, and at the end everybody sings two lines over, and over, and over....

"Jesus remember me, when you come into your Kingdom,
Jesus remember me, when you come into your Kingdom."

And while everyone sang those two lines, we all slowly walked up to the cross at the front of our church, carrying nails, and the lights slowly were turned down.  I remember bawling that year, because for the first time I felt the weight of my sin nailing my Savior to that beautiful cross.

This year, I am honored and blessed to be a part of my worship team at Outward Church.  We are doing an incredibly moving service tonight that has brought me to the verge of tears even at all our rehearsals!  I can't wait to spend time in worship and prayer and hearing the beautiful story of Jesus' death all over again.

So happy Friday, or happy Good Friday rather.  May it be a day of remembrance - both in sorrow and in joy of what's to come.  
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Natalie! I awarded you with the Liebster award! You can read about it here http://www.theframedlady.com/2012/04/liebster-award.html
    Keep up the awesome blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. first - i just realized i could semi recreate your outfit with stuff i have, so keep giving me ideas because i'm basically clueless with fashion. :) also, i love that you chose bright colors instead of gloomy ones - take that, weather!

    i'm really missing girlfriend community, too, especially having left most of my good friends in california. and i'm one of those girls that needs girlfriends. if ever you want some coffee shop time, i'm totally down!

    so bummed i missed the good friday service - stupid work - but i hope it was awesome! easter happens to be my favorite holiday, so i'm stoked for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, love you blog :) Secondly, LOVE that outfit! I'm such a pansy when it comes to bold hues, but the way you put it together is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete