9.19.2011

may or may-not monday

May or may-not Monday... where you can divulge in the secrets of life's mishaps without feeling like a failure.  So go on.... own up.  I may have...

I may or may-not have gotten some maaaajor shopping urges these past couple of weeks.... which culminated in me asking Matt in the car, "Matt, do you ever get tired of NOT spending your money??" His response?  He burst out laughing and said "No.  Of course not.  Saving all my money sounds incredible... why, what do you want to buy?"  To which I responded... "ohhh I don't know.  3 new pairs of shoes.  Rings.  Necklaces.  Anything."  ... and then I am humbly reminded of how much I already have and of how great Jesus is.... ughhhh it's so hard to be me.  :)

I may or may-not have grabbed the camera on the way out of my front door, handed it silently to my husband as he followed in hot pursuit and sat down immediately on our front porch, assuming a picture-ready position.  All of this without saying a word.  He smiled and asked, "would you like me to take your picture?".  I nodded.  Dork.  I can't believe I'm comfortable enough around my husband to do the things I would do alone, like take pictures of myself.  What a guy.

I may or may-not get goosebumps up and down my leg (yes, singular, it only happens on one leg at a time) when I hear lyrics in a song that I really like.  I was driving home listening to Zac Brown pandora and some song I'd never heard came on about "This is country music, and we dooooo..." and I didn't even LIKE country music until like 2 months ago.... and I had MAD shivers.  I was so embarrassed for myself.  But I just turned it up a little bit louder...

I may or may-not have chewed an apple SO loud and obnoxiously with my mouth open today because Matt is out of town and can't get bugged.  It felt so good.  I admit it.

Husband and I may or may-not have a "poopatrator".  Some creature is taking fat dueces in our yard EVERY DAY.  Full on cow patties.  We can't figure out when, why or WHAT or WHO this thing is.... and Matt has cleaned up a loooootta runny poo.  Huge piles.  I don't even know how a creature can produce this much poo.

I may or may-not be keeping an EXTREMELY close watch on my front lawn today for the poopatrator's next attack.... but he seems to know I'm waiting and it hasn't happened yet.  Jerk.  I also seriuosly considered leaving my macbook on the front porch with the video camera on to catch this thing in action.  If it's our neighbor's dog... I swear.....
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Nat! would you mind if i participate in "may or may not" on my blog which I can't seem to stay on top of? lol. There are so many things I want to write about but I either can't find the time or can't figure out how to incorporate it into a single post for the day. I think this may give me something to go off of. What do you think my dear??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! It's super fun. I may or may-not have to keep a running list of all my mishaps throughout the week.... otherwise I forget.... it's like selected hearing, only selected remembering... haha. Anyway, go for it! I stole the idea too from my friend Mindi. She's awesome.

    ReplyDelete